Saturday, August 4, 2012

Rush: 2004-06-23 Dallas, TX (FLAC_Bootradr Master AUD_3 CD)

This is an excellent Rush show all of the way around.  I hadn't seen them since about 1996/97.  And this "30th Anniversary Tour" was a superb show.

This show is uncirculated too.  I made one copy for the friend I went with and he was/is not a trader at all.

Before I ramble on about the night, let me post the information first :-)

DETAILS:
Artist: Rush
Date: June 23rd, 2004
Location: Dallas, Texas
Venue: Smirnoff Music Centre
Source: AUD Master
Format: FLAC
CD: 3 
Artwork: No (I never created any artwork but I did include a copy & paste of the Fort Worth Star-Telegrams review and a ticket scan for this show)
Label: Bootradr Master
Title: What A Rush!
Size: 1.11 GB
Quality: A/A+

LINEAGE:
(1. 2004) Master Sony MD70 recorder @ 44.1 kHz, 16 bit WAV audio with Sony ECM-917 microphone > transferred to PC via analog cables (no digital output on recorder) > tracked with fade in/outs and named using Adaptec Easy CD Creator 5 > burned to master CD-Rs >
(2. 2012) Master CD-Rs > Roxio Creator Pro 2010 for converting to FLAC and renaming (didn't like my original naming scheme) > Trader's Little Helper for creating and verifying the md5 and torrent files > you

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. opening (Rush medley)
102. Spirit Of Radio
103. Force Ten
104. Animate
105. Subdivisions
106. Earthshine
107. Red Barchetta
108. Roll The Bones
109. Bravado
110. YYZ
111. The Trees
112. The Seeker
113. One Little Victory

<intermission>

CD 2:
201. opening 2nd half on show with video
202. Tom Sawyer
203. Dreamline
204. Secret Touch
205. Between The Wheels
206. Mystic Rhythms
207. Red Sector A
208. Neil Peart (drum solo)

CD 3:
301. Resist
302. Heart Full Of Soul
303. 2112_Overture
304. Temple Of Syrinx
305. 2112_VII Grand Finale
306. La Villa Strangiato
307. By-Tor And The Snow Dog
308. Xanadu
309. Working Man
310. Summertime Blues
311. Crossroads
312. Limelight
NOTE: I created a torrent and posted it on Dime.  If your a Dime member, you'll know what to do.  If not, sign up for a free account and READ THE RULES.  Go to http://www.dimeadozen.org for their home page.  And remember to keep your sharing ratio at 0.25% or higher so as to not get banned.  It's a much faster download almost always!  Now, back to the original blog post.

At the end of " Between The Wheels", on CD 2 track 5, I got one of the security people that came up to me yelling "are you recording the show" a few times.  I tried ignoring him, but finally had to converse with him a little.  He walked away, but was standing there watching me.  So for about 20 seconds, the audio is real muted as I put the microphone down.  After that, it was back to recording again with no problems (other than a question from somebody beside me in between songs...thankfully they waited).  I've had this same thing happen at a few other shows.  But once they mess with you, they usually fade away for the rest of the show :-)  Usually...

I am really blown away by how great this show sounds, not only through the PC speakers but on my home theater system (I'm listening now) too.  All of the instruments can be heard easily and clearly as well as Geddy Lee's voice.

My favorite song of this whole concert is "La Villa Strangiato"!  When Alex Lifesome goes into his wailing guitar solo portion of the song, it sounds perfect!  The crowd is silent too.  In fact, the crowd, as noisy as it seemed being there, was great at not creating the (sorry girls, no offense) "drunk chick" effect :-)  There are some comments, and even a possibly drunk chick part (along with a sober one too).  I say "possibly" because the girl that screams a few times on CD 3 might have just been enjoying the show :-)  But most of that (and there isn't a lot) is on CD 3.

The fact that this was Rush's "30th Anniversary Tour" made this like the recently uploaded Journey 2005-09-27 "30th Anniversary Tour" concert.  What I mean is, there was a large number of songs that covered the older, middle era, and current Rush catalog.  I really love the 1970's Rush too.  And they play quiet a bit of the songs from that era.

Even though, due to my vision, I was unable to see a lot of what was actually happening onstage other than thru the large video screen (and even that was difficult for me in 2004), I could picture the show in my mind.  But just getting this great recording, well, I feel like I can relive the show and picture it in my mind for (hopefully) many years to come.

I really need to see Rush again soon.  And they're coming this month.  I just cannot afford the costs involved right now  You go when you can, you don't when you can't!  You never know???

Enjoy the show, and feel free to create some artwork if you'd like to.  I always welcome it...

Bootradr

No comments:

Post a Comment