Monday, November 12, 2012

Jimmy Page: 1988-11-12 New York, NY (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

Here is a show from 24 years ago today.  This is an first generation copy of an excellent 1988 audience recording of Jimmy Page and his band during Page's Outrider Tour.  The bootlegger did a great job of capturing this show.

Thanks to Susan H., whoever she may be, for originally taping this show in 1988.

EQUIPMENT USED:
Sony WM-D3 recorder with stock microphone

DETAILS:
Artist: Jimmy Page
Date: November 12th, 1988
Location: New York, New York
Venue: The Ritz
Source: AUD (1st generation)
Format: FLAC
CD: 2
Artwork: Yes
Label: none
Title: The Ritz
Size: 741 MB

SETLIST:
CD1:
101. Who's To Blame
102. Prelude
103. Over The Hills And Far Away
104. Wanna Make Love
105. Writes Of Winter
106. Tear Down The Walls
107. Emerald Eyes
108. Midnight Moonlight
109. In My Time Of Dying

CD 2:
201.City Sirens / drum solo
202. Someone To Love
203. Prison Blues
204. The Chase
205. Wasting My Time
206. Blues Anthem
207. Custard Pie
208. Train Kept A Rollin'
209. Stairway To Heaven (instrumental)

Hotfile Links:
Part 1 - https://hotfile.com/dl/200345599/33fb0f7/
Part 2 - https://hotfile.com/dl/200341370/d348f67/

FileFactory Mirror Links:
Part 1 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/7l0zu8bqefq3/
Part 2 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/5yplzuqjuayr/

Dime Torrent - http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?returnto=%2Faccount-cp.php&id=428014
NOTE: I created a torrent and posted it on Dime.  If your a Dime member, you'll know what to do.  If not, sign up for a free account and READ THE RULES.  Go to http://www.dimeadozen.org for their home page.  And remember to keep your sharing ratio at 0.25% or higher so as to not get banned.  It's a much faster download almost 
always!  Now, back to the original blog post.

I really like seeing uploads/downloads like this one for a number of reasons.  First, this excellent recording of the show was done by a Sony Walkman Professional tape recorder.  I did a little web searching and saw this is still (even today) rated as one of the top ten, best tape recorders made (when it was made).  I also like that the recording was done with the unit's stock microphone.  You cannot buy anything nowadays and get the recording you really want without making extra purchases on items like external microphones, etc.  It shows the quality of products still being sold in the 1980's.  And I also like the fact a girl recorded this show.  Most times, and from my experiences, females don't usually get into this kind of thing (bootlegging shows) as much as males do.  But in the last few years, I've been seeing more and more great quality bootlegs that were recorded by females.  It gives me hope that maybe one day I'll meet a girl who loves music (and especially the same type) as much as I do :-)

Anyhow, I'm not trying to do any stereotyping (just stereo recording) and I like seeing that there are people of the opposite sex that enjoy the same things I do!

So, I hope you enjoy this recording from the Jimmy Page concert in NYC from 24 years ago today...

Bootradr


1 comment: