Thursday, November 8, 2012

Led Zeppelin: 1969-10-10 Paris, France (FLAC_Pre-FM/SB_1 CD)

PREFACE:
I'm removing this show's link for downloading due to the official release of this show scheduled for next month by Led Zeppelin.  I don't know if it might sound any better than this version, but I look forward to hearing it and finding out!

This is an excellent copy of a Led Zeppelin show originally aired on BBC2 back in November of 1969.  In December of 2007, just prior to the Led Zeppelin O2 Arena reunion show in London, it was aired again.  From all of the different labels and versions of this show I have listened to, this one is the very best.  The quality if excellent!

This is normally a 2 CD set where CD 2 is the same show (not nearly as great sounding as this recording) and contains the commercials and everything aired over the radio when it was broadcast.  But when I got my copy of this 2 CD set, there was just the pre-FM, excellent CD 1 available.  I know I can go out on the web and find the second CD, and one day, I just might do that!

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: October 10th, 1969
Location: Paris, France
Venue: L'Olympia
Source: Pre-FM/SB (NOT captured off the FM/AM airwaves)
 Format: FLAC
CD: 1
Artwork: Yes
Label: The Chronicles Of Led Zeppelin (TCOLZ)
Title: One Night Stand In Paris
Size: 228 MB

SETLIST:
01. band introduction
02. Good Times Bad Times intro into Communication Breakdown
03. I Can't Quit You Baby
04. Heartbreaker
05. Dazed And Confused
06. White Summer/Black Mountain Side
07. You Shook Me
08. How Many More Times

FileFactory Link:
REMOVED LINK ON 2014-05-06 DUE TO THE UPCOMING OFFICIAL RELEASE OF THIS SHOW NEXT MONTH!  I HOPE THIS HAPPENS MORE OFTEN :-)

One thing cracked me up as I was listening to this show playing in the living room while creating this upload.  It was during "How Many More Times" (always a medley containing many other songs too). As I was listening, I heard Robert Plant at the point where he's singing "...I want that girl, oh my, my my; but she's been with Aynsley Dunbar and that just ain't right".  For those of you that don't know me; I like Journey and I like Led Zeppelin.  Dunbar was the drummer for Journey up through early 1978 when Steve Smith took over.  It was amusing to me to hear Plant mentioning a Journey member a few years before Journey was ever formed.  And yes, I do know that Dunbar was with a lot of bands through the years and was most likely with a band that at least caught Plant's attention (be it good or bad?) enough to mention him in the song.

Anyways, this is a really excellent sounding and performed show of Led Zeppelin about one year after they started as "Led Zeppelin".  This is a small download, a great show, and a must have if you like Led Zeppelin and don't have this one (even if you have other versions of it...it's that much better sounding).

So, I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr



3 comments:

  1. Thanks Bootradr for sharing this gem, it 's always great to listen to Led Zepp in their early days. This one sounds really great, my best regards, Kike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aynsley Dunbar would have had his blues group, The Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation together in '69 so not surprising they traveled in similar circles. Nice up by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks kike and peacemonger for the comments. Looks like I'll be removing the links to this show as I edit it now. But for a good reason and not a bad one at least. This will be one of the new releases in the re-release of the first 3 Led Zeppelin albums next month! The Paris 1969 show, hopefully complete, is one of the bonus releases with the more expensive package of the new releases. I hope it's affordable... :-)

    ReplyDelete