Monday, May 13, 2013

Aerosmith: 1973-09-26 Cincinnati, OH (FLAC_SB/Studio_1 CD)

This is an excellent, recorded live in the studio, rocking Aerosmith show from when they were pretty new.  I'm not sure if this was a radio broadcast or not, but this source definitely wasn't recorded from a radio broadcast.

Two tracks had to be removed from this upload because they were officially released on the Aerosmith album "Pandora's Box".  Tracks 8 and 11, the officially released and removed tracks, don't interrupt the flow of the show fortunately.  If I didn't mention it, you might never even have noticed it.

One thing about this show that is interesting (besides how excellent/superb it sounds) is the tape keeps rolling as the announcer goes to commercial breaks.  That alone tells us that this came from the master reel it was recorded to or an unedited copy.  I have no idea what generation this recording I'm uploading is, but I can say it is definitely a low generation copy.  And it's in great stereo too.

DETAILS:
Artist: Aerosmith
Date: September 26th, 1973
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Venue: Counterpart Studio
Source: SB
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: Yes (has the 1973-10-10 date on it/see below)
Label: Lost And found
Title: Pandora's Studio
Size: 326 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
01. announcer's intro
02. Make It
03. Somebody
04. tape rolling/talk and sound adjustments
05. Write Me
06. Dream On
07. One Way Street
08. announcer talk/break
09. Pandora's Box
10. announcer talk/break
11. Train Kept A Rollin'
12. Mama Kin
13. announcer/ending talk

LINKS:
(1) 1973-09-26 Cincinnati, OH (SB/Sudio)
(2) 1973-09-26 Cincinnati, OH (SB/Sudio)

One thing about this studio show is there re two dates for it out there.  The first, 1979-09-26, is what I'm using (it makes more sense).  The second date is 1973-10-10.  I don't have anything other than years of experience in dealing with live shows to back up my idea on why the date was probably the 9/26 one.  But I imagine this show was recorded on 9/26 and then aired (or re-aired) on 10/10.  This sounds like it was a live radio broadcast as it was happening.  And there is a very small crowd in the studio too.  I imagine they won tickets over the radio to be part of the crowd so it had a live sound with a very small number of people cheering between songs (some songs).  Then again, it might have been the studio or band's friends doing this too?

This, to me, is what Aerosmith should've continued sounding like as they moved towards and into the 1980's.  But, unfortunately they didn't.  So I haven't really collected too much post 1980 Aerosmith shows because I just don't like the lack of rock 'n' roll they played after 1980.  And like I mentioned in my previous Aerosmith posting, don't get mad if you disagree :-)  This is just my opinion and preference.

I hope you enjoy this almost 40 year old awesome performance...

Bootradr


No comments:

Post a Comment