Sunday, May 12, 2013

Aerosmith: 1978-07-04 Dallas, TX (FLAC_SB_1 CD)

This is an excellent soundboard of Aerosmith's Texxas Jam 1978 concert.  This show has an excellent soundboard mix and the show is very well balanced.  I've got it cranked up now and it sounds good. In the song "Milk Cow Blues", Ted Nugent joins the band on stage and plays with them.

If you lived in Texas during the late 1970's - late 1980's (1978 - 1988), then chances are you remember hearing commercials for the "Texxas Jam" concert event each year.  Each year was up to a three day event with multiple, hot on the charts bands performing their concerts.  I know Dallas and Houston both had Texas Jam concerts on different days in the end.  Many big bands, who later became even bigger and more popular, played the various Texxas Jams.  Journey, one of my favorite bands, played multiple Texxas Jam years including this one from 1978.  I just have not ever seen a Journey Texxas Jam show surface.  NOTE: Journey''s show surfaced shortly after this posting and I have posted it here!!!

There was something unique about this specific Texxas Jam.  1978 was the very first year for the event.  Aerosmith headlined the 1978 Texxas Jam from the research I did.  Hopefully, some of the many other excellent bands' shows will surface someday soon.  I'd really like to find some of the REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar, etc, etc concerts too!

DETAILS:
Artist: Aerosmith
Date: July 4th, 1978
Location: Dallas, Texas
Venue: Cotton Bowl
Event: Texxas Jam 1978
Source: SB
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: Yes
Label: Dirt Bag Burnout
Title: Texas Jam '78
Size: 514 MB

SETLIST:
01. Rats In The Cellar
02. Seasons Of Wither
03. I Wanna Know Why
04. Walkin' The Dog
05. Walk This Way
06. Lick And A Promise
07. Get The Lead Out
08. Draw The Line
09. Sweet Emotion
10. Same Old Song And Dance
11. Milk Cow Blues (feat. Ted Nugent)
12. Toys In The Attic
13. Big Ten Inch Record
14. Lord Of The Thighs

--BONUS TRACKS (1976 Pontiac, Michigan @ Pontiac Silverdome)--
15. Adam's Apple
16. Train Kept A Rollin/Theme From Batman/Theme From Peter Gu
17. S.O.S. (Too Bad)

Hotfile Links:
Part 1 - https://hotfile.com/dl/221418063/e8cba3a/
Part 2 - https://hotfile.com/dl/221418439/625647a/
Part 3 - https://hotfile.com/dl/221411833/c3496db/

FileFactory Mirror Links:
Part 1 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/6ax43kcau78n/
Part 2 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/4v8n1z1ckb0p/
Part 3 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/2f48srem9kh5/

I've never been a huge Aerosmith fan personally.  Don't misunderstand what I'm saying.  I'm not saying I don;t like Aerosmith.  I've liked a lot of their songs through the years.  But in the 1980's, they started putting out songs I hated too.  "Jaime's Got A Gun", "(Dude) Looks Like A Lady", "Love In An Elevator", and many more were terrible I thought.  I'm not trying to make anybody upset because I know many other people loved songs like the ones I just mentioned.  To each their own is my motto :-)  But I didn't really listen to Aerosmith because of these songs being given in overdose play on the radio airwaves.  It pushed me to not listening to (more specifically buying their albums) their music as much.  And I was missing out on a lot of great music too I've learned.  I'm not talking about on the LP's with songs I hated.  I'm talking about their music prior to the material I didn't care for.

Over the last five or six years, I've been getting a collection of Aerosmith shows between 1973 and 1978 and loving most of them.  I've even collected a few, great 1980's concerts on audio and video.  To me, their earlier years were the band at their best!  They were on fire and sounded great during the 1973 to 1974 years especially.  I'm not up-to-date on the band's complete history.  But I do think 1973 was the year they got started.  They may have been formed before that, but I think their popularity was catching on in 1973 and that's why there are a number of excellent shows starting in 1973 that have surfaced over time.

I just got off the phone with a friend who called me.  He went to all but two Texxas Jams in Dallas in the 10 years the event was held.  I remember going to the last Texxas Jam in Houston (possibly second from last too) in 1988 with a group of friends.  It was an extremely hot day at Rice Stadium, but it was and still is a good memory too.  I just have to find my ticket stub for the show that I know I have misplaced somewhere around the house!

I hope you enjoy this historic rock and roll show from the very first Texxas Jam.

And if you're a mother; Happy Mother's Day too you!  You must be a pretty cool mom to be looking for good rock 'n' roll like this...

Bootradr


1 comment:

  1. I know it's been a few years. :-) But just curious if you could re-up? The links are dead. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete