Sunday, May 26, 2013

Journey: 2013-03-01 Melbourne, Austraalia (FLAC_AUD_1 CD)

This is a very good recording of one of Journey's first few shows on their new 2013 tour.  I've also got two separate sources of the next night's show in Sydney, Australia and I'll upload the best of the two recordings here soon.

This would have been an excellent concert to have seen.  Not only did Journey perform, but so did Deep Purple.  I'm guessing Journey was the opening band and Deep Purple was the headline act from what I've seen online. I hope this lineup continues in the United States this year!

Thanks to "Brother Ruprecht" for recording and making this show available!

LINEAGE:
Audio Reality binaural microphones > Sony PCM M10B (manual level (5), LCF off, microphones sensitivity low) > Audacity (create tracks) > TLH (convert to FLAC) --- 25 metres from stage. Section 20 Lower Row F seating --- NOTE: I (Bootradr) renamed a few tracks correctly and fixed the SBE's using TLH also.

DETAILS:
Artist: Journey
Date: March 1st, 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Venue: Rod Layer Arena

Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: no
Label: none
Title: none
Size: 401 MB
Length: 1 hour, 14 minutes, 17 seconds

SETLIST:

01. Anyway You Want It
02. Ask The Lonely
03. Who's Crying Now

04. Only The Young
05. Amazing Grace
06. Stone In Love
07. Keep On Runnin'

08. Edge Of The Blade
09. Faithfully
10. Lights
11. Jonathan Cain (keyboard solo)
12.
Open Arms
13. Escape
14. Dead Or Alive
15. Neal Schon (guitar solo)
16. Wheel In The Sky
17. Don't Stop Believin'

LINKS:
(1) 2013-03-01 Melbourne, Australia (AUD)
(2) 2013-03-01 Melbourne, Australia (AUD)

I haven't listened to this show all of the way through yet.  But it sounds like a very good recording of the show and is very clean sounding too.

I wish Journey would start playing some of their older 1970's songs again.  But in this show, it is the regular songs we've been hearing for a while.  I realize they don't have a singer anymore that can hit the very high notes Steve Perry could in 1978.  And Arnel does a good job of singing what he sings.  Heck, even Steve Perry probably couldn't hit those notes nowadays.  But I'd still like to hear songs like "Winds of March"; a song they haven't played since 1980!

I'm sure the setlist and even the concert's length will improve as Journey hits the United States with those shows.  And once I start this upload, I'm going to burn this show to CD and give it a good listen tomorrow (actually, later today since it's after midnight) as I do a few things around the house.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


No comments:

Post a Comment