Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Led Zeppelin: 1972-05-28 Brussels, Belgium (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

This is a very good recording of Ledc Zeppelin's show in Brussels in 1972.  I was going to upload the master cassette version yesterday (the show was 41 years ago yesterday), but after checking out this Empress Valley Supreme Disc version, I decided to upload it instead.  I think this is a better sounding (and I'm sure EQ'ed/remastered) version.

Band: Led Zeppelin
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Venue: Voorst Forest National
Date: May 28th, 1972
Label: EVSD
Title: The Belgian Triple
CD's: 2
Type: AUD
Artwork: Yes 

Size: 712 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. Immigrant Song
102. Heartbreaker
103. Black Dog
104.
Since I've Been Loving You
105. Stairway To Heaven
106. Going To California
107. That's The Way
108. Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp

CD 2:
201. Dazed And Confused
202. What Is And What Should Never Be
203. Whole Lotta Love


LINK:
Part 1 - 1972-05-28 Brussels, Belgium (AUD/EVSD)

This recording is very good and you do not hear the audience very much.  However, Robert Plant spends more time telling the crowd to "shut up" and "sit down" than you normally hear in other rowdy Zeppelin shows.  In between a lot of the songs on CD 1, he spends time trying to get people quite.  This is especially true during the quieter songs.  But the rowdy, loud crowd is not heard in this recording.  In fact, I have been wondering where the actual taper must have been in order to not get the loud crowd Plant keeps complaining about.

I listened to this show yesterday (actually the same show but the master cassette version) not realizing it was the 41st anniversary of the show and I really loved it.  It'd been quite a few years since I'd listened to my older "Burning Ticket" (Baby Face label) copy I'd gotten in a 1990's CD trade.  The master cassette version was a huge upgrade in my opinion and I believe this EVSD version is even cleaner.  The EVSD version doesn't have as much hiss from the tape in it as the master copy does.  But the highs are still there and the bass is too.  It is a great sounding show, both performance-wise and sound-wise.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr
 



No comments:

Post a Comment