Sunday, October 13, 2013

Journey: 1979-07-24 Atlanta, GA (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

This is a show I haven't listened to in over a decade.  It's a good-to-great Journey recording done by a super happy Journey fan.  I got this one in a CD-R trade back in the 1990's and ripped it with EAC after listening to it last night.  The sound or quality changes a few times throughout the show.  I think this is due to the taper's adjustments.  But I like the way it gets better during "Winds of March" (and before it too) which is one of my favorite Journey songs.

LINEAGE:
CD-R trade > EAC (Secure) > WAV > FLAC 6 > TLC (for encoding as FLAC 6, testing for SBE's & any lossiness & none found, creating ffp and md5 files, and for verification of files)

Artist: Journey
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Venue: Foxx Theatre
Date: July 24th, 1979
Label: none
Title: Atlanta 1979
CD's: 2
Source: AUD

Artwork: No
Size: 453 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:

101. Majestic (opening music) > La Do Da > Next (no track separators)
102. Feeling That Way

103. Anytime
104. Lights
105.
Lady Luck
106. Too Late > Kohoutek (no track separator)
107. Winds Of March
108. Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'
109. Do You Recall
110. Daydream
111. Just The Same Way
112. When You're Alone (It Ain't Easy)
113. Lovin' You Is Easy

CD 2:
201. Wheel In The Sky

202. Wheel In The Sky (extra part continuing) > She Makes Me (Feel Alright)
203. Patiently > Opened The Door (no track separator)

Hotfile Links:
Part 1 - https://hotfile.com/dl/250370303/e813e57/
Part 2 - https://hotfile.com/dl/250370626/086abda/

FileFactory Links:
Part 1 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/3wek8ns75jwp/
Part 2 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/2pdbxqur2r6j/

Dime Torrent - http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=468217
NOTE: I created a torrent and posted it on Dime.  If your a Dime member, you'll know what to do.  If not, sign up for a free account and READ THE RULES.  Go to http://www.dimeadozen.org for their home page.  And remember to keep your sharing ratio at 0.25% or higher so as to not get banned.  It's a much faster download almost always!  Now, back to the original blog post.

Journey's performance is spectacular in this show.  Perry's voice is perfect and Schon's guitar playing is amazing.  There are a lot of additional parts to many songs in this show too.  The taper is practically ecstatic also.  And while we don't want to hear the tapers as we listen to shows, it's a little amusing in this show and does not ruin the recording.  Most of the guy's happiness is heard at the beginning of songs and at the end.  He doesn't ramble on through the songs.  And the crowd goes unheard most of the time except between songs.  Had the taper kept quiet, this would have been a great recording as far as crowd noise goes.

I'd meant to split the tracks where the CD's have two songs as one track but it slipped my mind until I got far into creating this post.  And since I used EAC to rip the CD-R's, and it's been a while since I'd used EAC, I didn't want to go changing things up until I remember the program better.

This, to me at least, is a very enjoyable show.  And the setlist is a little different too.  It sounds like the complete show but there are less songs from the earlier era of Journey (pre-Perry) like "On A Saturday Nite".  I've not looked to see what was dropped or added in comparison to other 1979 Journey shows I have.  This is one of those shows that starts off sounding "not as good", but as your ears adjust and the sound does get better, it is very easy to listen to and crank up loud too.

One thing I better mention is there are small pops, cuts, and other noticeable error sounding items during the track changes.  It doesn't ruin the show at all or blow speakers or anything like that.  It's on my master CD-R's I got in the trade and I believe it came from whoever I traded with burning the CD-R's at too high of a speed or the taper manually trying to mark tracks on the tape as he was recording.  I've got a buddy who also has a copyI made for him back in the 1990's of this show, and while it may take me a year or more to actually (or possibly) get the CD-R's from him to check, I do plan on checking eventually and seeing if his copy has the same "ticks".  They're not SBE's and I couldn't remove them (as of this time anyhow).  The taper seems to at times stop the tape (I believe in the encore where the crowd is going) a few times and start it back up too.  But he doesn't do it during any songs.  I may be over analyzing things here.  But it beats under analyzing them I feel.

If you're a Journey fan, unless all you listen to is pristine recordings only, I can just about guarantee you'll enjoy this show.

TWO SMALL REQUESTS:
(1) If anyone has an upgrade to this show, please contact me!

(2) If anyone has a lossless quality version of the 1980-08-02 Flint, Michigan show at Atwood Arena (my mp3 copy is titled "The Peak Of The Dixie Highway"), please, please contact me or share it!  This is a great show and audience recording I've been looking for in a lossless format for years now and I'd be very grateful if I could get a copy that isn't lossy :-)

I hope you enjoy this Journey show...

Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL & MERCHANDISE TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wordful blog, dwlns, links, etc I couldnt have found a better btlg blog love the work u put in to it and your uploads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Erik! It's always nice to see a compliment like the one you left me :-) I appreciate you taking the time to let me know what you thought about it! Have a great day...

    Bootradr

    ReplyDelete