Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Journey: 1981-06-13 Angels Camp, CA (FLAC_AUD_1 CD)

This is a historic and awesome Journey show and it sounds excellent too!  Not only did Journey debut many of their 1981 "Escape" album songs a month before its release (July 15th) in this show, it was also the debut of their newest member Jonathan Cain.  He was a huge factor and contributor towards what made the name "Journey" a household name.  Initial reports I first heard in the 1990's were that this was Cain's fourth appearance with the band.  But some research I've been doing indicates this was actually his first time playing a live show with the band.  Whatever the story is, it was a time in the band's career I'm not sure any of them knew was going to be life changing.

LINEAGE:
1990's CD-R trade > EAC (Secure) > WAV > Media Creator Pro 2010 (to name tracks) > FLAC 6 > TLH (for encoding as FLAC 6, testing for SBE's & none found, creating ffp and md5 files, and for verification of files)

Artist: Journey
Location: Angels Camp, California

Venue: Calaveras County Fairgrounds
Event: Mountain Aire '81
Date: June 13th, 1981
Label: none
Title: Mountain Aire '81
CD's: 1
Source: AUD

Artwork: Yes (created circa 1999 by "Digital_Journey")
Size: 379 MB

SETLIST:

01. Stone In Love
02. Keep On Runnin'

03. Who's Crying Now
04. Lay It Down
05. Dead Or Alive

06. Lights
07. Stay Awhile
08. Too Late (with Jon Cain's keyboard intro)
09. Dixie Highway
10. Lovin' You Is Easy
11. La Do Da
12. The Party's Over (Hopelessly In Love)
13. Wheel In The Sky
14. Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'
15. Anyway You Want It

Hotfile Link:
https://hotfile.com/dl/250915481/b2e3871/

FileFactory Mirror Link:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/5ui0c23m18sr/

I've got 22 photos taken by a girl who was at this show.  She's sent them to my friend Troy ("Digital_Journey") in 1999 and he brought them by to do some high resolution scans.  The 600 dpi (possibly 1200 dpi) high resolution scans are currently lost.  He doesn't know what he did with his digital copies and I am in the same boat and cannot find mine.  However, I still have my 300 dpi high resolution scans and I'll throw a few in this upload.

This concert is such an awesome mix of different Journey eras up through 1981's still unreleased Escape LP.  It starts out with a number of still unheard Escape tracks and then it travels backwards into Infinity, Captured, Evolution, and Departure tracks.  It also contains songs you don't hear in too many Journey shows.  The band is really pumped up and jamming and there are rarities not heard too often like "The Party's Over (Hopelessly In Love)" and "Dixie Highway" which were rarely played except on their 1980 tour and maybe a time or two more.  "Dixie Highway" has never been officially released.  What a great mix of songs and a great show in the superb time in rock 'n' roll music!

This is the best lossless copy of the show I have and I hope you enjoy it...

Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL & MERCHANDISE TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! I'm so pumped to be able to listen to these!!! I'm 32 now and have been a HUGE Journey fan ever since my parents would put me by the speaker when I was a baby and play Journey. It was the only way I'd go to sleep! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I like hearing this :-) Thanks for the comment Ryan and Sarah. I first heard Journey when I was about 14, and being at that age and in love with a girl every song seem to apply to, I was hooked and have been ever since. There's just no substitute for good music... :-)

    ReplyDelete