Saturday, October 5, 2013

Led Zeppelin: 1972-10-05 Nagoya, Japan (FLAC_AUD Source 2_2 CD)

This is an very good recording of Zeppelin's first and only night in Nagoya on their Japan tour of 1972.  This show was 41 years ago tonight!  The band played Nagoya this night, took a few days off, and then returned to Osaka again for their second show there to resume the rest of the 1972 Japan shows.

This recording isn't as good of a capture of the show as the ones from the previous nights I've already uploaded.  But it is still great and any Zeppelin fan should enjoy it.  This is the best (in my opinion) of the two versions of the show I'm uploading today.  This is "source 2", and while I was thinking the previously uploaded "Cherry Blossom" by Tarantuara version was also source 2, I don't think it is after further comparisons.  This Akashic version has a more full sound than the first, Tarantura version I uploaded before this one.  And it is much richer and full sounding (as if you were there) I've concluded.  So there are two 1972-10-05 show recordings to choose from here today (or grab both and make your own comparisons). I've compared around 6 different recordings, sources, and/or labels to pick these two I'm uploading today.

LINEAGE:
Akashic's "The Geisha Boys" silvers > EAC > WAV > FLAC > TLH > you

Artist: Led Zeppelin
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Venue: Nagoya-Shi Kokaido
Date: October 5th,, 1972
Label: Akashic
Title: The Geisha Boys
CD's: 2
Source: AUD (Source 2)
Artwork: Yes 

Size: 668 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:

101. intro by G. Itoi
102. Rock And Roll
103. Black Dog

104. Misty Mountain Hop
105.
Since I've Been Loving You
106. Dancing Days
107. Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp

108. The Song Remains The Same
109. The Rain Song

CD 2:
201. Dazed And Confused
202. Stairway To Heaven
203. Whole Lotta Love


LINKS:
(1) 1972-10-05 Nagoya, Japan (AUD Source 2)
(2) 1972-10-05 Nagoya, Japan (AUD Source 2)

The reason I picked this version/label to upload is because it seems to have a more full, atmospheric (as if you were there)  sound.  The sound quality does drop down a little about halfway through "Misty Mountain Hop" for whatever reason.  But as with many audience recordings, it can and does fluctuate between better and not as good.

Since my earlier upload of the Tarantura label's version, I believe the Akashic version has in fact a cleaner sound.  I like this one and the previously uploaded one too.  So you be the judge of what sound you prefer and download the version(s) you want.  A lot of times one version may sound better on (for example) "Stairway to Heaven" than the other.  But on "Dazed and Confused", the other version may sound better.  My point is that the quietness or heaviness or whatever of a song can and does influence the overall likability of any version because of the dynamics in the different types of music involved in the concerts.

"Over The Hills and Far Away as well as "Immigrant Song" have been dropped in this show's setlist. And this Akashic label show is not as complete as the previously uploaded Tarantura recording (again indicating a different tape source).  This upload does not have the last two songs "Cherry Blossom" and "Thank You".  I guess the guy ran out of tape or didn't wait for the final encore?  Who knows?

I'm leaving this file set the same way I got it on this one to expedite things.  The original source for this show added all the important items and used EAC to accurately rip the silver CD's.  The text file is very basic, but it is sufficient.  I'll add the "Bootradr's info" text file and "Bootradr's checksum" file too.  The EAC text files are there and all of the artwork is included too.  The songs are not named but I believe they may have the titles embedded into the tracks.  I'm not sure though.

My plan is to continue uploading each night's show from the Japan 1972 tour here over the next few days.  I'll add the 1972-10-02 Tokyo show sometime in the next few days.  It was the first show on Zeppelin's 1972 Japan leg of the tour and one I didn't get to upload first since I started on 10/3 with uploading these shows.  I'm planning on uploading the best sounding recordings I have from the different sources and labels/recordings.  I'm doing a ton of comparing from various parts of each show with the different versions, sources, and labels I have to determine which sounds the best (in my opinion) for each date.  So, there will be at least 6 nights worth of shows from Kyoto, Osaka, Nagoya, and Tokyo just for the month of October as Zeppelin played and bounced back and forth across the country of Japan on this leg of their 1972 tour.  This was the fourth night out of Zeppelin's six nights played on their 1972 tour in Japan.

I hope you enjoy this show from 41 years ago today...

Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL & MERCHANDISE TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment