Sunday, October 27, 2013

Rush: 1978-11-20 Tucson, AZ (FLAC_SB_2 CD)

This is an incredible and superb sounding Rush show from 1978.  The band is flawless and their songs remind me of a Zeppelin style in that they aren't the 4 - 8 minute radio friendly versions.  That's one good thing about live music.  There are no time limits as to how long a song can be!

The crowd, thankfully not heard except between songs, is very excited at this first Rush show Tucson ever had.  They're obviously rowdy too as Geddy Lee has to take time between a couple of songs and tell them the people up front are getting crushed and will die as well as the stage is close to collapsing from them pushing forward.  He tells the crowd they'll have to stop playing if people don't take three steps back.  I guess they do because the concert goes on and continues through the normal end of it.

DETAILS:
Band: Rush
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Venue: Tucson Convention Center Arena
Date: November 20th, 1978
Label: Digital Reproductions
Title: A Desert Passage (Platinum Edition)
CD's: 2
Format: FLAC
Source: SB
Artwork: Yes
Size: 913 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. intro music
102. Anthem
103. A Passage To Bangkok
104. By-Tor And The Snow Dog
105. Xanadu
106. announcement (back up or we'll stop playing)
107. Something For Nothing
108. The Trees
109. Cygnus X-1
110. Hemispheres
111. Closer To The Heart

CD 2:
201. Circumstances
202. A Farewell To Kings
203. La Villa Strangiato
204. 2112
205. Working Man
206.Bastille Day
207. In The Mood
208.  Neil Pert (drum solo)

BONUS TRACKS:
209. Something For Nothing
210. Cygnus X-1

LINKS:
(1) 1978-11-20 Tucson, AZ (SB)
(2) 1978-11-20 Tucson, AZ (SB)
(3) 1978-11-20 Tucson, AZ (SB)

At this time, nobody seems to know which show the last two bonus tracks are from.  They're reportedly not from this era of Rush concerts but the original Frankfurt, Germany 1979 claim also isn't correct and they are not from that show either.

Back when I first heard of Rush, in 1976, I did not like them.  And as the radio stations have done for too many decades (and still do), all I was hearing were the same "radio friendly" songs over and over again.  But in the mid 1990's, I met a friend that was a huge Rush fan and he let me borrow many of their earlier CD's.  I was blown away as I listened to songs I'd really never heard.  And as the next year passed, I'd already bought every Rush CD up to that period (199X) and had started finding live shows at the local CD Warehouse that were bootlegs.  And the rest is history.  Rush won me over fast once I heard what else they had to offer besides the standard FM radio play songs.  These guys are three of the most talented musicians out there and this is still true even today.  Very few bands can play a song the same way they did almost 40 years ago and still have the same sound too.  I've seen them twice, once in 1996 and once in 2004 (the 2004 show I've uploaded here), and they were as good as I expected and then some both times.  I'd love to see a show today, but with ticket prices as high as they are and me not going without getting the best recording I can (which means higher priced tickets too), I just haven't had the money to do so lately.

Rush has a huge fan base and they sell out shows to this day.  But I do plan to try and see them (and record them of course) the next time they come to town.  Who knows how much longer they'll be touring?  Hopefully, it'll be for a long time though!

Enjoy the show...

Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL & MERCHANDISE TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



2 comments:

  1. Great show! Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome...and thanks for the "thanks" too :-)

    ReplyDelete