Monday, April 21, 2014

Led zeppelin: 1971-08-31 Orlando, FL (FLAC_SB/AUD_2 CD)

To me, it's a toss-up between this Empress Valley Supreme Disc (EVSD) version and the Genuine Masters (GM) version of this show as to which is the best.  Both are really excellent recordings; each having their own strong points as well.

I'm uploading the EVSD version today for two reasons.  First, I like the high end audio on this version.  And secondly, I finally got a copy of this version yesterday that hasn't been "fan remastered" version or a version messed with since EVSD put it out years ago.  I have a fan remastered version of this exact label's recording I got a few years ago, but the great high end audio was muffled and it doesn't sound near as good as what the person doing the remastering started their project with (the EVSD release).

LINEAGE:
CD-R trade > EAC (Secure Mode, Accurate Stream, No Disable Cache) > WAV >FLAC Frontend (encoding options level.6, aligned on sector boundaries > FLAC > Dime > me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to embed metadata/track titles and re-encode as FLAC 6) > TLH (for SBE's check & for creation and verification of new md5 and ffp files) > you


DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: August 31st, 1971
Location: Orlando, Florida
Venue: Civic Auditorium
Source: SB/AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Label: EVSD
Title: Florida Sunshine/Orlando Magic
Size: 806 MB


SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. introduction

102. Immigrant Song
103. Heartbreaker
1
04. Since I've Been Loving You
105. Dazed And Confused

106. Black Dog

107. Stairway To Heaven
108. Celebration Day

 
CD 2:
201. That's The Way

202. Going To California
203. You Really Got Me (excerpt)
204. What Is And What Should Never Be
205. Noby Dick
206. Whole Lotta Love
207. Thank You (organ solo intro)
208. Thank You

209. ending announcement

LINKS:
(1) 1971-08-31 Orlando, FL (SB/AUD/EVSD)

(2) 1971-08-31 Orlando, FL (SB/AUD/EVSD)

I really like this show and the band's performance in it!  They really rock and Page's guitar playing is incredible sounding in this recording.  I'll eventually upload the GM version I'm sure.  GM always does an excellent job on their releases, and what I really want to find to upload is their DVD-A of this show.  But still, and to my ears, this EVSD version is a tie for the best source for this show.

There is one thing I'm sure I've researched before but cannot recall what I found out at the moment.  The artwork shows this as a 4 CD set.  I'm guessing EVSD released this show in two different alterations, but I cannot recall for sure?  I went ahead and did some research (again) but all I could find out is the 4 CD set dates are both still 1971-08-31.  Maybe two of the CD's are the audience recording of the show and the other two CD's are the soundboard and audience mix.  I've only got the Lemon Song label version of the audience recording at this time and it ends with the song "Moby Dick".  So without a better desription or possibly more artwork for the other two CD's, I'm still at a loss.  One last guess is that the 4 CD set is titled "Florida Sunshine" and the 2003 2 CD release and/or its reissue (this upload) is titled "Orlando Magic".  Labels have the tendency to put out box sets with one title and individual releases of what's in the box set with different titles.  And that likely is what happened here.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hi, there is also an Eelgrass version called 'Orlando Magic'. I know that Eelgrass republish EVSD releases (at much less cost to to the buyer). Somewhere in there may be a clue to the 4-disc question, if Eelgrass is actually part of the ESVD publishing company (can't recall).
    Cheers,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete