Friday, June 6, 2014

Led Zeppelin: 1970-09-19 New York, NY (FLAC_AUD Source 1 & 2 Mix_Both Afternoon & Evening Shows_ 4 CD)

This is Tarantura's 2000 mix of Source 1 and Source 2 to form a (more) complete show.  I believe the majority of the mix is in the first show of the two being uploaded from this day in 1970.

After listening to the second, evening show as I was making my previous post before sunrise yesterday (it will be by the time I post this), which is CD's 3 & 4, I believe that show was one source only.  Whatever the case, whatever the source, this is a great-to-excellent 4 CD set of both the afternoon and evening shows on September 19, 1970.  And the majority of the sound on both shows is what I call excellent (7-to-9 out of 10).  These are my personal ratings and they may not be the same to you.  I tend to base my own ratings on more than just sound quality and I let how much I like or enjoy the show enter in.  It's not very scientific (or helpful?), but it is what it is.

LINEAGE:
Tarantura 2000 silver CD's > WAV > me > TLH (for CDDA testing & to aligning sector boundaries/fix SBE's*) > Audacity (to embed metadata/song titles and info and encode as FLAC) > FLAC 6 > TLH (to recheck project was error free and to create and verify md5 & ffp files) > you

* I received these CD's in the WAV format originally a number of years back.  I believe the person sharing them wasn't sure exactly what to do or how to losslessly compress and encode them and they were likely ripped with a bad CD burning program causing the SBE's and just left in the ripped WAV format.  I've had the WAV files on my PC for years.  As I was preparing this upload, I finally did all of the things everyone should learn to do to keep the integrity of the music as pure as possible.  Every track had sector boundary errors, but with the help of TLH, they easily were fixed.  My initial burn of the WAV files was just to get a listen in on the shows.  Needless to say, I had a lot of pops and clicks in what I listened to due to the SBE's.  But still having the WAV files, I was able to fix the errors from their initial rip yesterday and not have to fix them after a second rip from my snap, crackle, and pop CD's.  The version I'm uploading is error free and from the direct WAV files I was given from the initial silver CD's burn, but of course, they're all fixed now.

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: September 19th, 1970
Location: New York, New York
Venue: Madison Square Garden
Source: AUD (both shows)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Label: Tarantura 2000/TMOQ
Title: Have You Ever Experienced?
Size: 1.47 GB

SETLIST:

(1) First/Afternoon Show (CD's 1 & 2)
CD 1:
101. Immigrant Song
102. Heartbreaker
103. Dazed And Confused
104. Bring It On Home
105. That's The Way
106. Bron-Yr-Aur
107. Since I've Been Loving You
108. Thank You (with organ solo into)

CD 2:
201. What Is What Should Never Be
202. Moby Dick
203. Whole Lotta Love
204. Communication Breakdown

(2) Second/Evening Show (CD's 3 & 4)
CD 3:
301. Immigrant Song
302. Heartbreaker
303. Dazed And Confused
304. Bring It On Home
305. That's The Way
306. Bron-Yr-Aur
307. Since I've Been Loving You
308. Thank You (with organ solo into)

CD 4:
401. What Is What Should Never Be
402. Moby Dick
403. Whole Lotta Love
404. Out On The Tiles
405. Communication Breakdown > Gallows Pole
406. The Girl Can't Help It
407. Talking Bout You
408. Twenty Flight Rock
409. How Many More Times

LINKS:
(1) 1970-09-19 MSG Tarantura (Both Shows)
(2) 1970-09-19 MSG Tarantura (Both Shows)
(3) 1970-09-19 MSG Tarantura (Both Shows)

This a great 4 CD set.  And yes, as I listened to the first show again (after a few years) as I was coming back to finish this upload, it sounds much better than I remembered as I uploaded Source 3 of the second show yesterday and made some comments about it.  It has its brighter moments that sound better than others.  But overall, and especially after it gets going a few songs, I really liked hearing how great it does sound (but forgot).

I hope you enjoy this Source 1 & 2 mix version of both of these historic, high energy shows...

Bootradr

  SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

  THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment