Friday, July 25, 2014

Led Zeppelin: 1979-07-23 Copenhagen, Denmark (FLAC_AUD Master_2 CD)

I had planned on uploading the master audience recordings on 2014-07-23 and 24 of the Copenhagen 1979 shows on their 35th anniversary but I ran out of time.  So even though the 35th anniversary has come and gone for each of these shows, and even though I've uploaded the superb TDOLZ versions of both shows in the past, I'm going ahead and uploading the 1979-07-23 master audience recording of the first night out of the two in Copenhagen in 1979 right now.  This recording is the best for this date and I did not have it (I don't think I did) back when I uploaded the TDOLZ versions a year or two ago.

All thanks goes to "weedwacker" for both Copenhagen 1979 masters and for transferring them and sharing them with us.  These two shows, one of which I'm uploading now, are arguably two of the best all-time Led Zeppelin audience recordings in sound quality.

The TDOLZ version, named Copenhagen Warmups, blows my old Silver Rarities version's sound out of the water.  Back when I had originally uploaded the TDOLZ Copenhagen Warmups copies I'd stated, "The TDOLZ version is the best sounding versions of either show that I've ever heard".  It is still up there at the very top and it is difficult to decide which is better even today.  But I am convinced the unaltered master copy being shared here today is the very best I've run across so far.  Read underneath the links for more details on why it is the best.  But for now, I'm moving on to the show details.


LINEAGE:
Master > DAT(4) > CD-R(4) > EAC (secure mode/read offsets corrected) > WAV > FLAC 7 > me > TLH (to decode as WAV and test for lossiness) > Audacity (to embed metadata/track titles and info into files) > FLAC 6 > TLH (to verify project's integrity and create new md5 and ffp files) > you


DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: July 23rd, 1979
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Venue: Falkoner Theatre
Source: AUD (Master)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: No
Label: None (transferred by "weedwacker")
Title: None
Size: 738 MB
Length: 133:50:25


SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. applause
102. The Song Remains The Same
103. Celebration Day
104. Black Dog
105. Nobody's Fault But Mine
106. Over The Hills And Far Away
107. Misty Mountain Hop
108. Since I've Been Loving you
109. No Quarter
110. Hot Dog
111. The Rain Song


CD 2:
201. White Summer
202. Kashmir
203. Trampled Underfoot
204. Achilles Last Stand
205. Jimmy Page (violin bow solo)
206. In The Evening
207. Stairway To Heaven
208. Rock And Roll


LINKS:
(1) 1979-07-23 Copenhagen Night 1 Master
(2) 1979-07-23 Copenhagen Night 1 Master
 

Here are some notes from "weedwacker" on this recording.  I'm doing a copy and paste of them from his text file:

Recorded from the floor using an Uher tape deck and Sennheiser mics. This is an excellent audience recording. This is very similar sound-wise to Copenhagen Warmups (TDOLZ) with the exception this is a tad warmer and fuller sounding whereas CW is louder volume wise and a tad flater sounding from it.


The above notes are very true.  I looked at the waveform for both TDOLZ's Copenhagen Warmups and this master audience recording.  And the recording level on the master tapes is lower than the amplified version released by TDOLZ.  I could see why it was amplified by TDOLZ, however, it did not need to be.  I do not understand why the amplification causes a flatter sound in the audio, but something does and I know "weedwacker" is a qualified Zeppelin fan capable of determining this.  And the master audience recordings definitely are a cleaner and more full sounding final product too.

The amplified version put out by TDOLZ is still superb but the tracks do have a flatter sound.  I likely would not have noticed (or known) what the cause of the slight sound difference was had I not read "weekwacker's" notes.  But without any doubt in my mind, this unaltered master recording is the best of them all.

Enjoy the show...


Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

  THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment