Saturday, July 26, 2014

Led Zeppelin: 1979-07-24 Copenhagen, Denmark (FLAC_AUD Master_2 CD)

Here is the master audience I was wanting to try to upload a few days ago (on 7/24).  This is the second night in Copenhagen out of the two nights Zeppelin played in 1979.  Remember, in 1979 they only did four shows and the two Copenhagen shows were the warmup gigs for their two Knebworth Festival shows a few weeks later.

As with he previous 7/23 Copenhagen upload, this is a share by "weedwacker".  So all thanks goes to him!

LINEAGE:

Master > DAT(4) > CD-R(3) > EAC (secure mode/read offsets corrected) > WAV > FLAC 7 > me > TLH > WAV (to check for lossiness*) > Audacity (to name and embed metadata/track titles and info into file adn re-encode) > FLAC 6 > TLH (to create new ffp & md5 files and verify upload is error free) > you

*The TLH CDDA/MPEG test gave results all over the place.  If this claim of being from a lossless master tape had come from more than about a handful of people ("weedwacker" being one of the handful), I'd have my doubts as to whether or not it had ever been converted into a lossy format.  I went over on  a forum where "weekwacker" and the rest of the handful of people are I'm referring to.  I asked them if they could do a spectral analysis (SA) and frequency analysis (FA) and read the results to confirm this has never been in a lossless format.  I don't know how long or even if I'll get a reply back.  But if I do, I'll update the post with the results over here.  Not checking the audio for lossiness would be one of the most rookie mistakes a person could make and I have no doubt this is a lossless recording with TLH giving bad results like it often does.  But I still wanted to make mention of this for those of you who check the "TLH CDDA Test" text results I included in the upload.  More to follow as any updates are gathered!

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: July 24th, 1979
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Venue: Falkoner Theatre
Source: AUD (Master)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: No
Label: None
Title: None
Size: 843 MB


SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. The Song Remains The Same
102. Celebration Day
103. Black Dog
104. Nobody's Fault But Mine
105. Over The Hills And Far Ways
106. Misty Mountain Hop
107. Since I've Been Loving You
108. No Quarter
109. Ten Years Gone
110. Hot Dog


CD 2:

201. The Rain Song
2
02. White Summer
203. Kashmir
304. Trampled Underfoot
205. Sick Again
206. Achilles Last Stand
207. Jimmy Page (violin bow solo)
208. In The Evening
209. Stairway To Heaven
210. Whole Lotta Love


LINKS:
(1) 1979-07-24 Copenhagen Night 2 Master
(2) 1979-07-24 Copenhagen Night 2 Master

Here are some notes from "weedwacker" on this recording.  I'm doing a copy and paste of them from his text file:

Recorded from the floor using an Uher tape deck and Sennheiser mics. This is an excellent audience recording. This is very similar sound-wise to Copenhagen Warmups (TDOLZ) with the exception this is a tad warmer and fuller sounding whereas CW is louder volume wise and a tad flatter sounding from it.


As I mentioned yesterday when I posted the 1979-07-23 Copenhagen show, these master copies do sound better.  I like the 1979-07-23 show better for a few reasons.  But this 7/24 recording's sound is an excellent audio quality too.  The two shows were both recorded by the same taper too.  He did a professional job and all thanks really goes to him (or her?) for sharing their shows.

This is another copy with no artwork so I'm adding the LZ.com memorabilia into a folder and including it in the upload.

I'm going to go ahead and get this show uploaded since I have a few things to get done today.  Depending on how my plans for the day go; I may be able to upload a few shows (various artists) today or I may not be able to upload a show for a day or two.  I'll know more  in the next couple of hours.

Enjoy your Saturday and I hope you enjoy the final Copenhagen warmup show too...


Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!


  THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment