Sunday, September 14, 2014

Led Zeppelin: Studio Haze (FLAC_SB-Studio_2 CD)

Here's another sessions and outtakes CD set I got in the mid 1990's.  There are a wide range of studio recorded songs from different dates and locations in these sessions.  And sometimes the recordings were just  experimental music being played by one or more of the band members.  A lot of times, you can hear parts from future, not yet created, Zeppelin songs in some of the experimental playing.  Sometimes the songs didn't actually surface and turn into official releases for 5 years or so.  There really are cool, excellent sounding, and very rare tracks on this CD set.

LINEAGE:
Silver CD's > EAC (Secure Mode/Accurate Stream) > WAV > TLH (to check for SBE's) > Audacity (to view waveforms, embed metadata/track titles & info, use Click Removal on d2t10, and to encode > FLAC 6 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: Various
Location: Various
Venue: Various
Source: SB/Studio
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Label: None
Title: Studio Haze Volume One
Size: 824 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You (version 1)
102. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You (version 2)
103. You Shook Me
104. Tribute To Burt Burns (takes 1 - 3)
105. instrumental (takes 4, 5, & 7)
106. We're Gonna Groove
107. Jennings Farm Blues (rehearsal takes)
108. Jennings Farm Blues
109. Moby Dick (intro & outtro)

CD 2:
201. Poor Tom
202. Immigrant Song
203. Out On The Tiles

204. That's The Way (rehearsal takes)
205. The Girl I Love (aka Willow Tree on artwork)
206. Something Else
207. Black Dog (rehearsal takes)
208. No Quarter
209. Stairway To Heaven (instrumental take)
210. Stairway To Heaven (vocal take)
211. Walter's Walk
212. Friends (takes 1 & 2)

213. Friends (take 3)
214. Four Sticks (instrumental take) (not listed on artwork)
215. Four Sticks (instrumental take) (not listed on artwork)

LINK:
(1) Studio Haze Volume One (SB/Studio)
(2) Studio Haze Volume One (SB/Studio)

As with each of these recordings of studio sets, some music is new and some is duplicated.  I'm actually listening to the Antrabata 11 (or 13) CD set today as I do things around the house.  There area few other 13, 16, and even 18 CD set recordings I have of various Led Zeppelin studio recordings.  There are so many, and this is not even counting the ones like this I got back in the 1990's, that it bcomes impossible to really know if something new or better sounding may be on another set many times.  They don't always (or usually even) get named the same on each file set or CD shared by other collectors and that can add to the confusion too.  But I have an answer for that problem  Get them all!

This Studio Haze Volume One 2 disc set I''m uploading today is one I got about 1995 or 1996 I believe.  I know I got it in a town in North Texas that use to get Led Zeppelin silver CD sets just for me because they knew I'd get them.  In fact, I started picking which ones I wanted them to get so I'd make sure to get what I wanted.

Boy, things sure have changed haven't they?  They've changed for the better in that it is easier to get (at no cost I might add) what you want instantly via the internet and in the highest of quality too.  But they've also changed for the worse in that people do not know or care most times if it is an mp3 (lossy) sourced piece of junk or a WAV (lossless) sourced gem.  Modern technology helped, but with the degradation of music ever so suddenly you really need to be careful and make sure you aren't getting lossy sourced material if you want to carry on the legacy and traditions of music preservation and collecting.  Hopefully, this will sink in with at least one person that reads this.  Otherwise, in the close future quality will be a past-time in music preservation. I've even chcked recordings I got on disc as late as 1998 and have found them to be mpeg sourced (or mp3 or some other lossy audio format) recordings.  What a huge disappointment after having them for 16 years to find this out.  That's one reason I try to always add my TLH CDDA Test log sheets to show the integrity of the audio I'm sharing.  Trader's Little Helper (TLH) is not the best program to use and can give false readings sometimes.  But it is great for your average testing of a recording usually.  And the more accurate and positive results from frequency analysis (FA) and spectral analysis (SA) will always tell th truth and any decent audio program will include the ability to do these types of checks.  And that's including a lt of free, excellent, and professional programs like Audacity.  Even my cheap AVS Audio Editor program has the ability to do the FA and SA checks.

I left my original 2000 scanned artwork in this upload because I'd used Photoshop back then to make the artwork look better (I think).  But I also rescanned all the artwork again today, 14 years later, for hopefully better looking scans.  The back artwork has always been hard to read.  And with my vision, I'm not even going to try and add the additional details on which studios each track was recorded at and on what dates.  It's on the back artwork so hopefully you can read it.  If not, leave a comment and I'll make an update once I can read it.  The newer scans I made today are still 300 dpi like the old 2000 scans are, but they seem to be higher resolution and are definitely larger in file size (significantly larger too).

I hope you enjoy the studio recordings...

Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment