Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Aerosmith: 1975-09-18 St. Louis, MO (FLAC_SB_1 CD)

This is a excellent-to-superb at times sounding earlier stage of Aerosmith as a band recording.  It sounds like the show may have already been going as the music cuts it.  This is when I think Aerosmith really rocked out and sounded great and a long time before their commercial success which led to songs I still despise.  Everyone has their own tastes so I'm not ridiculing their later stuff, I'm just speaking my mind.  This is an excellent soundboard for those who like their rocking era or want to check it out.

LINEAGE:
Unknown generation SB recording on CD-R with no tracking > Audio Cleaning Lab (for tracking and decoding to WAV) > TLH (to encode FLAC 8) > no EQ or other tampering
> me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness and pad last track) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 6 > TLH (to double check for SBE's and create and verify ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Aerosmith
Date: September 18th, 1975
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Venue: Kiel Auditorium

Title: None
Label: KRW_Co
Source: SB
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: No
Size: 354 MB
Length: 58:15:42

SETLIST:

01. Walking The Dog
02.
S.O.S. (Too Bad)
03. Somebody
04. Big Ten Inch Record
05. Sweet Emotion
06. Dream On
07. Write Me A Letter
08. Walk This Way
09. No More No More
10. Same Old Song And Dance
11.
Train Kept A Rollin'

LINK:
(1) 1975-09-18 St. Louis (SB)


I think what draws me to this earlier Aerosmith music is the guitar mix, Steven Tyler's vocals in the earlier years, and the high energy rock 'n' roll performances they put on.  I don't know their drug intake at this stage, but it was definitely before the point where it became such an issue they started sounding sloppy.  They really got sloppy and lost it in the late 1970's and into the 1980's.  Sure, they still made some great music and played some great shows.  But they also had some horrible music, by my tastes as wellas the music industry's too (just look at their sales), as well as some catostraphic performances the more they got caught up in the drugs and the toll it took on the band members.  The one good thing is this.  Even if I hated the music they made later (for the most part...not all of it), at least they got their act together and got clean over time.  And they became successful again and for a totally younger generation.  As far as I know, they've had a few pitfalls since then but have pretty much kept their noses clean too.

I don't really keep up with Aerosmith a lot and I don't collect any of their newer shows.  My limited information of their history comes from reading, research, and TV documentaries and stories over the years.  But they all seem to be pretty consistent in their reports and the band seems to agree with what is said too from what I've seen and heard.

There are some changes as this recording progresses.  I'm trying to listen to it as I make this post.  It sounds as if the mix on the soundboard is fooled with, at times highlighting Tyler's voice and then at other times switching more towards Perry's guitar.  But it equaly out as far as I can tell after a little time and still sounds excellent overall.  I'm listening to "Dream On" right now, after Tyler's early misplaced lyrical jumping in on "Sweet Emotion" (kind of funny hearing it), and the mix sounds excellent.  But the nore I listen, the guitar drops out a little more near the end.  But you can actually hear the lyrics cleaner in this song too with the mix.

The recording is not without errors, both by the band and the sound mixer, but it a still a nice, old era show  Aerosmith fans should enjoy it!

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment