Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Boston: 1987-06-20 Dallas, TX (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

Twenty-seven years later, and I still have not ever seen Boston live yet!  This show was my first real chance to go see them but I never got to make it.  Friends, driving up from Houston to Dallas, were going and for whatever the reason was at the time, I could not go.  Not only was it Boston's return to the stage for the very first time since 1979 but it was the second from last Texxas Jam (also called Monsters of Rock) year too.  And I missed them both!

LINEAGE:
No lineage given
> FLAC > me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness and align sectors on boundaries) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to double check for SBE's and create and verify ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Boston
Date: June 20th, 1987
Location: Dallas, Texas
Venue: Cotton Bowl

Event: Texxas Jam
Title: Texxas Jam 1987

Label: None
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: No
Size: 642 MB
Length: 91:55:29

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. Rock & Roll Band
102.
Peace Of Mind
103. guitar solo
104. Don't Look Back
105. The Journey
106. More Than A Feeling
107. Amanda
108. We're Ready

109. The Launch
110. Cool The engines

CD 2:

201. My Destination

202.
To Be A Man
203. I Think I Like It
204. Can'tcha Say (You Believe In Me)/Still In Love

205. Hollyann
206. Foreplay
207. Long Time

208. Feelin' Satisfied
209. Something About You
210. Party

LINK:
(1) 1987-06-20 Dallas Texxas Jam (AUD)


I really want to see Boston even though I lost the chance to see the Brad Delp Boston when he dies in 2008.  Still, I want to see the band and since transportation is always the big issue with me nowadays, I just cannot afford buying two tickets every time I want to see a band and record their show.  But I need to do it with Boston because they're one of the all-time American greats and they're a huge part of rock 'n' roll history too.

Whoever recorded this show really did a great job for most of it.  The recording has flaws but it also is a very nice, excellent recording throughout most of the show too.  I think the second half sounds a little better too up prior to the encore.  If you've ever been to a Texxas Jam, you know just how difficult and almost impossible it was to get a recording this good.  People were loud, it was hot, most everyone was drunk, and it was just not a good environment to record a show in.  But this recording has very clean vocals and instruments making me think this person recording it had to be up close and had to have been slightly away from the main crowd.  You'll hear people talking at some points and things like that.  But overall, the show is great sounding!

I still wish I could go back and redo whatever it was that kept me from going to this show almost 30 years ago.  But since I can't, I'll just have to accept this is the closest I'll ever come to having been there.

UPDATE: I forgot I have a ticket to this show even though I didn't get to go.  I'd have included it in the upload had I remembered it just in case anyone was ever nice enough to create some artwork or wanted a copy themselves for historical purposes (maybe they were there and don't have their ticket).  Anyhow, the ticket scan I'm adding below was not from me attending.  It was from a friend who attended and gave me their ticket about 15 years ago before I ever had a copy of the show!

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment