Sunday, October 19, 2014

Mazzy Star: 2012-07-18 Zurich, Switzerland (FLAC_AUD Master_1 CD)

This is a recording from a band I just recently was introduced to.  They've been around since 1990, and the singer, Hope Sandoval, has been singing since at least 1983 I can see from recordings I've come across.  I was wondering how this young girl could have been singing for so many years and then I finally looked up her bio on the internet and discovered she's 48 years old now!  She has definitely found the fountain of youth if anyone has!

But the friend that introduced this band to me very recently had me locate and burn a 2012 show to DVD for him.  We checked it out at my place and I was really impressed by the music and the singer's voice.  This is what I call "mood music" because it seems to be best to listen to in certain mindsets.  If you're pumped up and ready to rock out, then no, you aren't wanting to hear this likely.  But if you're more relaxed, like the fall and winter months arriving seem to get me each year, and if you want a music you can almost listen to without actually listening to it (like when working on a project or something), then these are just a few examples that I find are perfect for the music and mood.

This is the first professionally successful artist (band) I've come across in a while that I've taken a big interest in.  And if you have or haven't heard of them, maybe you should check out Mazzy Star too.

LINEAGE:
Audience recording by hanwaker > dpa 4061 new cabling by StereoLux / dpa MPS 6010 modified with Black Gates by StereoLux > XLR-cables by StereoLux (thanks Heiko!) > Korg MR-1 DSD/DSF-Format 1 bit / 2.8 MHz ( line in ) FOB/5 m in front of right stack > hanwaker mastering > dithered and converted to 16 bit / 44.1 kHz with Korg AudioGate mono recording (had to drop one channel due to distortion) tracked, level fixed ,fade in fade outs
> me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness and align on sector boundaries) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 6 > TLH (to double check for SBE's and create and verify ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Mazzy Star
Date: July 18th, 2012
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Venue: Rote Fabrik (Open Air Stage Am See)

Title: None
Label: hanwaker
Source: AUD (Master)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: No
Size: 303 MB
Length: 71:05:35

SETLIST:

01. Blue Flower
02. Disappear
03. Ghost Highway
04. Halah
05. Ain't Nobody To Turn Me Around
06. She Hangs Brightly
07. Look On Down From The Bridge
08. Fade Into You
09. Lay Myself Down
10. Flyin' Low
11. crowd ~ encore
12. Blue Light
13. So Tonight I Might See

LINK:
(1) 2012-07-18 Zurich, Switzerland (updated link)


I've only listened to a little bit of this excellent audience recording so far.  And it's not the best recording I've found either.  But as I kick back in a little while tonight, and after I burn it to disc and put it in the home theater system, I'm really going to listen and let it play.

This band has a lot of Pink Floyd, The Doors, and even some Robert Plant vs. Led Zeppelin influences in their music.  And there are a lot more influences you can pick out too.  They have a very West Coast late 1960's into early 1970's type of sound but it is much more modern and completely different at the same time.  It's very difficult to explain their music and that may be one thing I like about it.  I believe they are from San Francisco and that might explain a large part of their exposure to that kind of music.  Of course I live nowhere near San Francisco or California at all and I have a lot of exposure to that era and style of music.  But I had to go looking for it and have for decades too!

I hope you enjoy the band and the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment