Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Mazzy Star: 2013-11-13 Chicago, IL (FLAC_AUD 44/16_2 CD)

This is a superb recording of the Mazzy Star show one day short of a year ago today.  This is the 44.1 kHz/16 bit copy and I'm going to try and get the 96 kHz/24 bit version that was also shared.  I'd like to make up a DVD-A (or A-DVD) of this band with a great sounding recording like this one.

This is the band I said I was recently introduced to and really like.  Like I said before, it's hard to put my finger on why exactly I like this band other than the various influences I hear in their music, the low key performances (no jumping on stage and cursing or screaming...I hate that stuff most times), and just their sound and talent.  What a range in styles too they exhibit.

LINEAGE:
Core Sound HEB 4060 (Bass Rolloff On) > Sony PCM-M10 (Line In)
> (no lineage info given) > me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify ffp & md5 files) > you

SEATING:
Main Floor - First Rail - Center

DETAILS:
Artist: Mazzy Star
Date: November 13th, 2013
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Venue: Vic Theatre
Title: None

Label: JB (taper)
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: No
Size: 421 MB
Length: 85:58:20

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. introduction
102.
Look On Down From The Bridge
103. Cry Cry
104. In The Kingdom
105. Lay Myself Down
106. Ride It On
107. Does Someone Have Your Baby Now
108.
Into Dust
109. She Hangs Brightly

CD 2:

201. Halah

202. Fade Into You

203. Blue Flower
204. Disappear

205. encore break/crowd
206. California
207. So Tonight That I Might See

208. encore break/crowd
209. I've Been Let Down

LINK:
(1) 2013-11-13 Chicago, IL (AUD)


The waveform shows a tiny bit of clipping during the show and 95% of it is at the end of songs as people are clapping.  It is not even noticeable or discernible as you listen to the show and I only mention it because I like getting and giving details.

The taper, "JB", recorded the show in the 96 kHz/24 bit WAV format and he shared that recording too.  I'll hopefully get it, and if so, I hope to find some good, high resolution photos of the band to make a slide show for the audio DVD (with the 96/24 higher quality audio).  If you think you can help with some good quality images and don't mind, please let me know.

I hope you enjoy the show...I sure did...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment