Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pink Floyd: 1977-07-04 New York, NY (FLAC_AUD Master?_2 CD)

This is an excellent recording and Pink Floyd show from one of my favorite eras in their music (1975 - 1977).  This recording is a transfer of the master tapes (one way or another) and it sounds excellent.  I think I actually had bought a silver CD of the second disc (different label and not from the master necessarily) back around 1996.  There were so many shows at Madison Square Garden (MSG) in a row here in 1977 it's hard to say for sure without comparing them closely.  But this recording being shared here today is the whole show and not just part of it.

The lineage was not written very well and is short and confusing.  But it is clearly stated this is the master copy too.  And if I determine it is a 1st generation copy and not a digital clone of the master, I'll come back and update the information.  But the resources I've used all say it is a digital copy of the master in one way or another.  I believe the lineage prior to me is saying it is the analog master (audience 2 discs) put to 3 different CD-R copies.  Or, the master tape was transferred to two analog sources and then to CD-R?  I'm keeping it as it's being called for now and that is a master copy.

LINEAGE:
Analog master recording - A2 > CD-R3 > SHN > me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness and align sector boudaries) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to double check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you


DETAILS:
Artist: Pink Floyd
Date: July 4th, 1977
Location: New York, New York
Venue: Madison Square Garden
Title: Madison Square Garden 77, Day 4

Label: Master Tape (non bootleg, fan label)
Source: AUD (Master or possibly 1st Gen)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Size: 723 MB
Length: 121:50:50

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. Sheep
102. Pigs On The Wing (Pt. 1)
103. Dogs
104. Pigs On The Wing (Pt. 2)
105. Pigs (Three Different Ones)

CD 2:
201. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)
202. Welcome To The Machine
203. Have A Cigar
204. Wish You Were Here
205. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI-X)
206. Money
207. Us And Them


LINK:
(1) 1977-07-04 New York, NY (AUD Master)


I have a busy day today so I don't have a lot of time to critique the recording.  But I can copy and paste some of the original sharing party's notes.  I'd credit them but I have no idea who they may be.  Here's a copy and past of some of their shared information:

"Notes: A very nice recording. The sound quality is excellent and it's a stereo recording. I'd give it an Ex- since there are some clap happy folks near the taper, but not to the point of distraction. The taper also bumps the mics a few times...The performance is electric!  Dave's solo during Pigs 3DO is amazing! There are about a hundred highlights during this show in my opinion, but you'll have to check it out for yourself."

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment