Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Eagles: 1980-03-04 Inglewood, CA (FLAC_SB 2nd Gen_2 CD)

This is an excellent recording of The Eagles as the played in Inglewood on their 1980 tour.  This is a soundboard recording too.

The limited information for this show I have mentions:

"Another stellar recording from "The RS Archives" (a Mexminute/The Commish Production)"

I'm not 100% sure what that means or where it comes from.  But I do believe I got this FLAC file set in a FLAC DVD-R trade a while back and I think any audio edits in the show were not to the sound but just the types correcting errors or blemishes (i.e. silent tape gaps, etc)?  The recording does sound excellent too! it sounds better than two other copies of the show I have.  Correction...make that one other copy.  One was an old mp3 copy I first had and had forgotten to delete off the drive it was on until just now :-)

LINEAGE:
SB > 2nd Gen cassette > CD-R > EAC > WAV > editing (non audio related) > FLAC Frontend > FLAC (DVD-R trade?) > me > TLH > WAV> Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you


DETAILS:
Artist: The Eagles
Date: March 4th, 1980
Location: Inglewood, California
Venue: The Forum
Title: Inglewood 1980

Label: The RS Archives
Source: SB (2nd Gen)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes (two sets in download but only one set with front artwork)
Size: 586 MB
Length: 87:42:37

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. Hotel California
102. Already Gone
103. In The City
104. King Of Hollywood
105. The Sad Cafe
106. Lyin' Eyes
107. I Can't Tell You Why

CD 2:
201. Those Shoes
202. Heartache Tonight
203. One Of These Nights
204. Turn To Stone
205. The Long Run
206. Life's Been Good
207. Life In The Fast Lane
208. Carol (incomplete)


LINK:
(1) 1980-03-04 Inglewood, CA (SB 2nd Gen)


The waveform looks great, clipping is not an issue, and the music sounds excellent.  I've had this copy for a long time I know but I just cannot determine where I got it or any additional information on it other than what I've shared.  I did have a collector do a FA and SA on it about a year or two ago because of the results I got with TLH (not very reliable for CDDA/MPEG tests).  The results came back lossless.

I have kept a copy & paste in e-mails of every page and its details (URL included) of the shows I've download since about 2006.  But I have nothing on this one indicating I likely got it around 2005.  I may have gotten it in a trade back around the earlier 1990's even?  But other than the artwork (which I think was found and added later), a tiny text file with no real details, and what I've typed here, this is all I know about this show currently.  But I do know one more thing and that is if you're a fan of the band's music from  this era and you don't have this show, you're going to like it!

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment