Thursday, April 2, 2015

Rush: 1994-04-02 Madison, WI (FLAC_SB Master_2 CD)

UPDATE: This is a superb+ recording as I listened on...

This is an superb Rush soundboard from their show that occurred 21 years ago tonight.  The only thing in the stereo recording that is off is the mix up through "The Analog Kid".  I may be wrong, and with allergies starting in and stopping me up some, maybe I'm not hearing the sound right?

It sounds as if the right channel is either a little heavier on the balance or else the high's from the drums and some other instruments are channeled to the left channel.

The sound corrects itself during "The Analog Kid" and is balanced better which makes me think this an actual soundboard recording/balance issue in the early stages of the show..

Rush is kicking butt in this Counterparts tour concert.  They really sound great and they're not stopping and talking most of time between songs like they can sometimes do.  They're going from one song into the next with very little conversation (if any) from the stage at all.

LINEAGE:
No lineage given (SB > DAT given as source) > SHN >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Rush
Date: April 2nd, 1994
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Venue: Dade County Coliseum

Title: Passive Aggression

Label: Signals Productions
Source: SB (Master)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Size: 823 MB
Length: 123:11:23

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. 2001 A Space Odyssey (intro music)
102. Dreamline
103. The Spirit Of Radio
104. The Analog Kid
105. Cold Fire
106. Time Stands Still
107. Nobody's Hero
108. Roll The Bones
109. Animate
110. Stick It Out
111. Double Agent
112. Limelight

CD 2:
201. Mystic Rhythms
202. Closer To The Heart
203. Show Don't Tell
204. Leave That Thing Alone
205. The Rhythm Method
206. The Trees
207. Xanadu
208. Hemispheres - Prelude
209. Tom Sawyer
210. Force Ten
211. YYZ

LINKS:
(1) 1994-04-03 Madison, WI (SB Master/Signals)


I burned this these same files to disc about seven or eight years ago.  Other than me embedding track information, naming tracks and organizing the file set, it is the same files I got back then.  I've mentioned I'm jamming on it now and enjoying it.  In fact, I want to hurry and finish this post and get it uploading so I can go sit in the living room and enjoy it better!  It's definitely not a disappointing sound, and even if there is a slight imbalance in the audio channels early on, it is slight and works out.

I made some LightScribe artwork for the 2 CD's I burned years ago and I'll scan them and add them in case anyone want to use them for disc art.

I don't want to give the impression this show is anything short of superb overall.  It is one of the sharpest, cleanest sounding shows I've heard in a long time.  But the mix is the one thing I wish was balanced just a little differently.  But after the sound changes, you really stop noticing the difference I mentioned and you just enjoy a superb sounding show very easily.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment