Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The Eagles: 1976-02-09 Nagoya, Japan (FLAC_AUD Low Gen_2 CD)

This is an excellent-to-superb audience recording of The Eagles in Japan in 1976 that gets passed around way too often as a soundboard recording because it is really clean and sounds like one in a lot of the show.  But it is an audience recording and an upgraded copy I got over on Dime a while back.

I think I have most, if not all, of the 1976 The Eagles Japan shows recorded.  I haven't done a full investigation to confirm this but from what I've seen available, and from upgrading from the mp3 copies I only had a number of years ago, I'm pretty sure I have them and most sound really good.  But this one is one of the best sounding from this time and tour in Japan.

LINEAGE:
CD-R > EAC (secure mode) > FLAC >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: The Eagles
Date: February 9th, 1976
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Venue: Kokaido Hall

Title: One Of Eastern Nights

Label: Dynamite Studio
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Size: 671 MB
Length: 115:31:67

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. Take It Easy
102. Outlaw Man
103. Doolin' Dalton
104. Desperado (Reprise)
105. Turn To Stone
106. Lyin' Eyes
107. You Never Cry Like A Lover
108. Take It To The Limit
109. Desperado

CD 2:
201. Midnight Flyer
202. One Of These Nights
203. Already Gone
204. Too Many Things
205. Good Day In Hell
206. Witchy Woman
207. Rocky Mountain Way
208. James Dean
209. Best Of My Love
210. Funk #49
211. Carol

LINK:
(1) 1976-02-09 Nagoya, Japan (FLAC_AUD Low Gen)

The audio is a little bass heavy at times but it is still excellent.  I personally don't mind heavy, non distorted audio myself.  It sounds really great on a good system with good speakers too.  The thump, thump, thump can be felt by the body.

I just put this show in on the home theater system to recall anything to put in a review.  It's probably been a year since I've listened to it.  But from the start, the guitars and vocals as well as drums are all very evenly mixed and it does sound like a soundboard recording.  But between songs you can hear screaming Japanese girls (a few are really excited) and other audience noises that let you know it is just an excellent audience recording.

The boot label, Dynamite Studio, didn't track disc 1 according to their artwork.  So it looks like there is one less track than there is on the disc.  Since this was an EAC rip and I included the supplied log files I can see the rip was this way straight from the disc and not later split into two tracks.  Normally, most people track song three, "Doolin' Dalton" and "Desperado (Reprise)" as one track.  But in this case the label broke up the songs into track three being "Doolin' Dalton" and track four being "Desperado )Reprise)" so the artwork isn't an exact match and doesn't even mention "Desperado (Reprise)" on it..  No big deal to me but I thought I'd mention if for you.

There is some slight tape hiss but nothing bad as well as a few small digital glitches in the recording.  I'm not going to make it through the show to report every detail before I upload it and you'll have to download it and listen if you're interested.

The Eagles are really on fire in this show and sound like they put on a stellar performance.  I'm listening to "Outlaw Man" right now and they are flying along at full speed tearing the stage up.  I can see why this has been mistaken as a soundboard in the past too.

Thanks goes to "lolita" for sharing this upgraded copy of the show on Dime last year (2014).  The previous lossless copy I had was still excellent but it was a few generations higher than this copy for sure.  It'd be nice to hear a digital copy of the master recording from this show.

I hope you enjoy the show...
 
Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment