Sunday, November 22, 2015

Feist: 2007-05-10 Santa Monica, CA (FLAC_SB/FM/Studio 1st Gen_1 CD)

I've been going way to long without my Feist fix!  As I've stated in each post I've made of her music probably, I love her voice and music too.  And this 2007 live FM studio broadcast recorded is a superb sounding and perfect mood setting example of what I wanted to hear this morning.

A special thanks goes out to "Nibbler" for recently sharing this lossless recording at my request.  I have got be honest when I say I don't remember when I even asked him to reseed his copy or if I did?  I've made some requests in posts and forums before and this is the second person who has helped in the last 9 years.  He may have seen my requests for Feist here or I may have PM'ed him on Dime or asked via the Dime Yahoo Group.  Wherever he saw I was asking about this show, he was kind enough to re-post the show again after coming across it and he even sent me a PM letting me know.  And he did a superb job of recording the audio too!

LINEAGE:
FM broadcast > Harman Kardon AVR30 > analog out > Sony RCD-W500C > Audio CD-R > WAV > Pioneer DVR-RW DVD-108 > EAC > CD Wave Editor (for tracking and encoding as FLAC.8) >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, Normalize audio, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Feist
Date: May 10th, 2007
Location: Santa Monica, California
Venue: KCRW Studio (Santa Monica College)

Title: Morning Becomes Eclectic

Label: Nibbler (taper)
Source: SB/FM/Studio (1st Gen)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: No
Size: 204 MB
Length: 34:06:24

SETLIST:

01. KCRW FM intro
02. So Sorry
03. band talk
04. The Park
05. Feist (switching instruments)
06. The Water
07. Feist (interview)
08. I Feel It All
09. Safety Bricks
10. Feist (telling band they're still on air live)
11. Sea Lion Woman
12. KCRW FM outtro

LIN K:
(1) 2007-05-10 Santa Monica, CA (SB/FM/Studio 1st Gen)

This recording really showcases Feist's beautiful voice and her talent as a singer.  This recording, being a studio live broadcast from the radio station, is more acoustic sounding than the actual songs in a live show would have been.  And it is a nice change too.

I made a small project out of this recording and fixed some errors in the track order.  After finding the live video of this performance and making sure the setlist was correctly oriented, I used Normalize in Audacity on the tracks and the outcome sounded like a nice improvement to me.  The original tracks sounded fine too.  But Normalize evened out the audio volume and made for a nice listening experience.  I also made a copy of the recording without any Normalize attributes too as a backup.

Feist was at the KCRW studios for the second time in this broadcast.  The first time, in 2005, was for the Let It Die album release and this time in 2007 was for her The Reminder album which she was starting her touring on the following week she says.  The Reminder is really the release that made he a much more well known name and a Canadian Grammy (Juno Awards I believe they are called) winner too.

I've been waiting since Feist finished up her 2012 touring for a new album or tour but so far I am only seeing hints she may be doing something now via Facebook.  I sure hope so because it was late 2011 the last time she released anything new and I really want to hear and see her in concert again.

The original date reported for this performance in the sharing of this audio was reported as 2007-05-11.  However, the official KCRW website shows this show was on 2007-05-10.  I'm guessing it may have been rebroadcast a day later or maybe the date could have been reported wrong by either "Nibbler" or KCRW FM?  I'm just going by when the radio station said the show was broadcasted live.

There have been a few new shows I have wanted to get uploaded here lately.  One is a show I recorded a week ago today and another is the Led Zeppelin 1975-03-03 newly surfaced Fort Worth, Texas soundboard!  Originally the party sharing the first Led Zeppelin copy I got had requested people wait until after this weekend to share it.  But the next day another person who had also gotten a copy as it was released by EVSD shared their copy on Dime.  So all is fine on uploading it now I'm sure but I just need to get the time and sit down and make the upload.  I'll get around to getting some music uploaded here as soon as I have some time.  Hopefully; this lack of uploads lately will soon be over and I'll be back in full swing.

I hope you enjoy the studio recordings...
 
Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment