Friday, November 13, 2015

Led Zeppelin: The Making Of Led Zeppelin II (FLAC_SB/Studio Multitrack_4 CD)

I'm uploading this EVSD set at the request of a friend over on my Facebook page that asked for it over a week ago.  This morning is the first time I've really had a chance to go ahead and prepare and upload the recording.

This is a superb 8 track multitrack set of four Led Zeppelin songs from the 1969 Led Zeppelin II LP studio recordings.  These are not all of the same songs that came together to form the officially released material.  The versions here are longer in most (maybe all) cases and this is a really awesome gem and something I've never seen from  any other Led Zeppelin studio recordings before.  I've meant to upload these recordings for a long time but just never have until now.

The four songs, each on their own disc, each contain eight individual tracks as you can see below in the setlist.  The songs are as follows.  Disc 1 contains the eight "Whole Lotta Love Tracks", Disc 2 contains the eight "What Is And What Should Never Be" tracks, Disc 3 contains the eight "Heartbreaker" tracks, and the final Disc 4 contains the eight "Ramble On" tracks.  All tracks on each disc are equal lengths and when put together form the 8 track recordings of each song.

I have made a CD with the multitrack recordings combined from each song's eight tracks recorded to make a complete recording of the four songs.  But that is not in this upload and I can upload it at a later time.  It sounds really awesome listening to a 6:13 "Whole Lotta Love" (the song is originally 5:34 on the LP and 3:10 on the single released).  There are a lot of combinations musicians can use to play their instruments to various mixes of the individual tracks here and play along with these songs as they practice.

I wish I had noticed this earlier because I would have uploaded this four disc set on the anniversary of the LP's release.  Led Zeppelin II was released on November 7th, 1969.  So we're 6 days past its 46th anniversary today.  There is no Led Zeppelin album I do not like.  But Led Zeppelin II is definitely one of my favorites of all time from the band.  It's hard to believe this LP was recorded while on the road touring on their Led Zeppelin debut album at the time too.  Two albums in the same year being released and the second LP also being recorded as the band was touring and recording in various studios at the same time amazing.

LINEAGE:
EVSD silvers > EAC > FLAC 8 >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: 1969
Location: Various
Venue: Various Studios

Title: The Making Of Led Zeppelin II

Label: EVSD
Source: SB/Studio (Multitrack)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 4
Artwork: Yes
Size: 639 MB
Length: 209:50:02

SETLIST:

CD 1 - Whole Lotta Love:

101. Whole Lotta Love (guitar #1)
102. Whole Lotta Love (guitar #2)
103. Whole Lotta Love (bass)
104. Whole Lotta Love (drum right)
105. Whole Lotta Love (drum left)
106. Whole Lotta Love (drum percussion)
107. Whole Lotta Love (vocals #1)
108. Whole Lotta Love (vocals #2)

CD 2 - What Is And What Should Never Be:
201. What Is And What Should Never Be (guitar #1)
202. What Is And What Should Never Be (bass)
203. What Is And What Should Never Be (drum right)
204. What Is And What Should Never Be (drum left)
205. What Is And What Should Never Be (vocals #1)
206. What Is And What Should Never Be (vocals #2)
207. What Is And What Should Never Be (vocals #3)
208. What Is And What Should Never Be (guitar & vocals)

CD 3 - Heartbreaker:
301. Heartbreaker (guitar #1)
302. Heartbreaker (guitar #2)
303. Heartbreaker (bass)
304. Heartbreaker (drum right)
305. Heartbreaker (drum left)
306. Heartbreaker (guitar, bass, & drum)
307. Heartbreaker (vocals)
308. Heartbreaker (vocals & guitar)

CD 4 - Ramble On:
401. Ramble On (guitar #1)
402. Ramble On (guitar #2)
403. Ramble On (guitar #3)
404. Ramble On (bass)
405. Ramble On (drum right)
406. Ramble On (drum left)
407. Ramble On (vocals)
408. Ramble On (vocals & guitar)

LIN K:
(1) The Making of Led Zeppelin II (SB/Studio Multitrack/EVSD)

The sound is superb on each of these tracks and the waveform is perfect as well being done in the studio where mistakes would be really rare.

On my personal mixdown of the tracks (not in this download/upload), as I was putting "Whole Lotta Love" together with all eight individual tracks, I wanted to raise up the amplitude of Jimmy Page's famous guitar solo on my copy as I made the personal preference copy for myself.  It was fun taking the various tracks for the various instruments and vocals and making adjustments to them as I saw fit just to change up the sound of the songs a little.  I also raised up John Paul Jones' bass in "Ramble On" to a higher audible level too just for fun and I really made a few different versions of each song with different mixes as I did my own mixdowns of each of the four tracks.

One thing makes me laugh every time I hear it.  One of the vocal tracks, I believe it is the #1 vocal track, has Robert Plant singing the "ahh, ahh ohh, etc" sounds in the song "Whole Lotta Love".  We all are familiar with this psychedelic part of the song.  But in this extended length version of the song, all of the sudden Plant belts out "Timber" as if a tree were falling in the studio.  This never made the officially released material of course and was obviously  cut before the song hit the album or airwaves (or any live shows for that matter).  But it really is just one of those "out of nowhere" kind of ad-lib type of cool moments you'll likely only find in the studio recording of this one vocal track and it mixes perfect with the song when all eight tracks are laid down to create the longer version of "Whole Lotta Love" too.

I've made no alterations to the sound in this 4 disc EVSD set I am uploading.  What I've been talking about in the past few paragraphs are changes I made to my own copies I was having some fun with and not what is in this upload (at least in the various mixes I made).

I did not realize this until I was getting this EVSD CD set ready to upload last night.  But a huge thank you goes to"Amduscia" for getting this one out there for us!  It seem he was the source that got this show circulating and I had not known that before.  But it is no real surprise either because a ton of great music and releases of Led Zeppelin material seem to get circulated by him too.

I hope you enjoy the studio recordings...
 
Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment