Saturday, March 19, 2016

Journey: 1983-03-02 Tokyo, Japan (FLAC_SB/FM BX_2 CD)

Good grief, I've been trying to get time to get these last two discs uploaded from the Calm & Storm silver set all week!  And now I hope to finally get it done this morning.

This is the disc 3 and 4 silvers from Frontiers in Tokyo.  It sounds excellent and is from the FM broadcast done in Japan.  I think this is almost as good in sound as the master cassette recording of the same broadcast I uploaded in the past.  They are really pretty neck and neck and in my opinion the previous upload I made of the same material, which is easy to find here, is a little better sounding.  But you cannot go wrong with either choice either.

LINEAGE:
Calm & Storm silver CD's > EAC (Secure Mode, Offset Correction) > WAV > TLH  (to test for lossiness and other issues) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Journey
Date: March 3rd, 1983
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Venue: Budokan Hall
Title: Frontiers In Japan

Label: Calm & Storm
Source: SB/FM BX
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes (full 300 dpi scans in download)
Size: 561 MB
Length: 83:26:19


SETLIST:

CD 1:
301. Chain Reaction
302. Wheel In The Sky

303. Line Of Fire
304.
Send Her My Love
305. Still They Ride
306. Open Arms
307. Jonathan Cain (keyboards solo)
308. Frontiers
309. Rubicon
310. Faithfully
311. Who's Crying Now
312. Don't Stop Believin'

CD 2:

401. Stone In Love
402. Keep On Runnin'
403. Any Way You Want It
404. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
405.
Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'
406. Don't Fight It
407. FM BX outro


LINK:
(1) 1983-03-02 Tokyo, Japan (SB/FM/Calm & Storm)

MIRROR:
(1) 1983-03-02 Tokyo, Japan (SB/FM/Calm & Storm) (Mirror)

NOTE:
I'm using a free Mega account as a mirror in this upload.  Those of you downloading please leave me a message here or on the Facebook (Community Group or Secret Group) letting me know what works best as far as the links go.  I eventually plan on adding a secondary mirror site to my posts as I've always had until the last year or so.  Your opinion will help me help you.


There are a few songs missing from this broadcast as you already know if you read the complete audience post for this same show.

The waveform looks great in this recording with no audio clipping.  There is a little more noise in the recording "techtuts" thought.  But the recording has great stereo separation and really has no issues. 

Here are some things I noticed after starting the upload and this information is not in the text file.  I did notice in the song "Frontiers" that there was some tape flutter or some sort of issue about mid stream in the song.  But it is a short blip.  And the very beginning of "Rubicon" has a moment where the stereo channel on one side drop out for a second and then continues on.  I don't recall these errors in the upload I made last year and there is a link to down below.  There is also a short, few seconds, clip of the audience recording near the end of "Don't Stop Believin'.  I'm guessing it was a tape flip on the recorder so the label inserted, very nicely too, the audience portion to fill the gap.  I am listening to the show all of the way through this morning for the first time so there may be a few other blips but I don't expect anything major to be wrong with this recording.

This FM broadcast is 40 minutes shorter than the full audience recording is.  Songs like "No More Lies", "Back Talk", "Edge of the Blade" and a few others are not in the broadcast.  And neither are many of the parts in between songs, the instrumental solos, and even some of the beginning intros into songs that extend longer like in "Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'".

I'm going to keep this review really short today so I can get the show uploaded.  If you get this one you won't be disappointed I can say.  It is really an excellent recording.  And if you want the previous upload I made in the past of the copy I think sounds better, the one from a master cassette transfer of an off air broadcast (like this), you can find it HERE!

A special thanks goes to "Digital_Journey", "techtuts", and "Steve7777" for getting these discs to me to EAC rip and prepare to share with all of you too!

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



1 comment: