Monday, April 11, 2016

Mazzy Star: 2000-06-04 Copenhagen, Denmark (FLAC_AUD Master_1 CD)

It's been a while since I have uploaded a Mazzy Star show so here is one requested a while back.  Hope Sandoval, the singer, has a really nice voice and this show sounds a little different than most I've heard of the band so far.  It seem it is more acoustic than electric in the music.

I only became aware of this band, a band that has been around since the early 1990's, after a friend introduced me to a them by requesting a show a year or so ago.  It was a 2012 show I first found and as I was playing it I realized I liked it a lot too.  I liked the diversity in the music, the songs, and just the overall unique sound the band has.  They have an earlier 1960's - 1970's California kind of sound with a mix of other eras of music after that time-frame too.  But they did not sound like a band mimicking previous bands in history and they had their own sound.

So after being introduced to something I liked, I did what I do and found more of their music and liked it too.  This show does sound a little different than what they usually sound like but since it was in my Requests folder I'm uploading it.

LINEAGE:
Core Cardiod microphones > Sharp MD recorder (stationary) transfer > optical cable > hard drive > Cool Edit Pro > CD WAV Editor > FLAC > me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

NOTES (copy & paste):
"New transfer (2005) -> added a bit of bass and normalized in CEP."


DETAILS:
Artist: Mazzy Star
Date: June 4th, 2000
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Venue: Loppen
Title: None

Label: None
Source: AUD (Master)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: No
Size: 368 MB
Length: 71:59:34


SETLIST:

01. Leaving On A Train
02. Blues

03. Bake My Biscuit
04.
Ride It On
05. I've Been Let Down
06. Bells Ring
07. Rhymes Of An Hour
08. Unreflected
09. Sparrow
10. That Way Again
11. Look On Down From The Bridge
12. Plain Gold Ring
13. Now That You're Gone
14. Among My Swan


LINK:
(1) 2011-09-09 Santa Monica, CA (SB/FM BX)

The waveform has no audio clipping, brickwalling, or any other bad traits.  The sound is excellent and the mix is too.  The first five tracks are acoustical songs and then the band seems to join in and start playing in  many tracks after that.  But overall, the recording is very well done with no audience interference or noise either.

I was not very familiar with most of these songs and as I looked online to be sure I was naming the tracks right I saw this was a tour that was new for the band.  I believe they had been away for a few short years and this was their return (not specifically this show) with new songs they had written.

This is a mellow (sort of country and sort of San Francisco 1969) kind of music they played this night.  I don't know if I like it as much as some of the other shows I have uploaded or not?  I haven't made up my mind.  But I do like it regardless and I like Hope's voice in the show too.  It is a very clean sounding recording and I found no audible errors (e.g. breaks in the recording, deviation from the steady mix and sound, etc) in the recording when I listened to the show either.

I was unable to locate any information on who the taper was to give them credit.  But to whoever recorded the shows, thank you for an excellent job and for sharing it!

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment