Saturday, June 25, 2016

Led Zeppelin: 1977-06-13 New York, NY (FLAC_AUD Source 2 Master & Source 1 1st Gen Mix_3 CD)

It's been a long time since I've...uploaded a Led Zeppelin show (or any show for that matter).  All I can say is I have been busy and I also needed a break.

This show is one I've never uploaded before and it's one that was requested over on my Facebook page about a month ago.  This is a great sounding recording too.  Great means pretty much middle of the road of you've ever looked over and noticed the ratings (above all the band names and links) I give shows.

I think the source 2, or primary source used here, recording of this show is the best one.  The source 1 recording has too much noise and distortion throughout it but does have more high frequencies.  But still, the source 2 recording is cleaner and much easier to listen to I feel.  Of course this upload is a mix of the two sources with source 1 being used to fill in the missing material in the show after "Kashmir".  Stanko, or source 2, reportedly taped the full show but lost the tape with the material after "Kashmir" and up through "Achilles Last Stand".

LINEAGE:
(1) Source 2 CD-Rs > EAC > Sony Sound Forge > WAV > TLH > FLAC >
(2) Source 1 CD-R's > EAC > Sony Sound Forge > WAV > TLH > FLAC >
(3)
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

NOTES:
The only other thing I did was take the final tracks, "Whole Lotta Love" and "Black Dog", and split them into two tracks.  They were originally one track so I used CD Wave Editor and created a split at the right point to form two tracks.


DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: June 13th, 1977
Location: New York, New York
Venue: Madison Square Garden
Title: None

Label: Stanko & Artie (tapers)
Source: AUD (Source 2 Master & Source 1 1st Gen Mix)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 3
Artwork: No
Size: 1.10 GB
Length: 182:45:69


SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. crowd
102. The Song Remains The Same

103. Sick Again
104. Nobody's Fault But Mine

105.
Over The Hills And Far Away
106. Since I've Been Loving You
107. No Quarter
108. Ten Years Gone

CD 2:
201. The Battle Of Evermore

202. Going To California
203. Black Country Woman ~ Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
204. White Summer ~ Black Mountain Side
205. Kashmir
206. Over The Top

CD 3:
301. Heartbreaker
302. Jimmy Page (violin bow guitar solo)
303.
Achilles Last Stand
304. Stairway To Heaven
305. encore/crowd
306. Whole Lotta Love
307. Black Dog


LINK:
(1) 1977-06-13 New York, NY (AUD Source 2 & 1 Mix)
(2) 1977-06-13 New York, NY (AUD Source 2 & 1 Mix)

MIRROR:
(1) 1977-06-13 New York, NY (AUD Source 2 & 1 Mix) (Mirror)

(2) 1977-06-13 New York, NY (AUD Source 2 & 1 Mix) (Mirror)

NOTE:
I'm using a free Mega account as a mirror in this upload.  Those of you downloading please leave me a message here or on the Facebook (Community Group or Secret Group) letting me know what works best as far as the links go.  I eventually plan on adding a secondary mirror site to my posts as I've always had until the last year or so.  Your opinion will help me help you.


This really is a nice performance by Led Zeppelin you can hear throughout this show.  Robert Plant sounds great vocally and Jimmy Page sounds on fire during his solos.  His "Over The Hills And Far Away" solo sounds great as I listen to it now.

The waveform looks great for both sources and there is no audio clipping either.  The audio sounds pretty level too throughout the show in each source.  There is some crowd chatter heard.  Primarily a yapping girl can be heard in the source 2 audio at times.  And in the source 1 audio, or the Artie audio, it's a crap-shoot at who may be heard at times.  Artie is the famous Led Zeppelin New York taper that is also known for talking a lot in his recordings.  But overall, this is a great sounding two source mix.

I've got a DVD-A of this source 2 material that I think sounds the best of all audio I've ever heard for this show.  In the text file for the DVD-A, it mentions that the audio was transferred off of the master tapes using the baking process to prevent any further oxidizing of the tapes.  This source 2 audio being shared here now is the same audio and came from the same transfer after it was converted over to the CD standard format.  It is not from another transfer of the master tapes prior to the baking of them (which of course allows a one time transfer and they're no longer any good).

The more I listen to this show, the better it is sounding to me.

So here is a breakdown of the tracks from the source 1 material that was used to patch this show and make it complete.  "Over The Top", "Heartbreaker", Jimmy Page's violin bow guitar solo, and "Achilles Last Stand" are the source 1 patch tracks.  But when "Stairway To Heaven" comes in, it goes back to the original source 2 material through the end of the show.  There are likely other parts in the show where a short section from source 1 would be added to fill in a gap (usually between songs) in the source 2 recording when something like a tape flip occurred.  But the text file lists the above mentioned songs as fully source 1 material as well.

I wish I knew where I got this from but I cannot seem to nail that fact down tonight.  I wanted to thank the project creator.  They also cleaned up some sound issues such as balancing the channels and working with the audio (not mentioned how) using Sound Forge.  So technically, this audio may be slightly different sounding that the DVD-A copy I mentioned a little bit ago.  Whoever did the work did a great job and from everything I can see they knew what they were doing and did it right.

I wish I could have uploaded this one on its 39th anniversary which was less than two weeks ago.  But I was not able to.  Since I had some time tonight and I knew this one was wanted by a few people, I decided to get it done and uploaded for my friends.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!





1 comment:

  1. Many thanks for this show! The MSG 77 concerts deserve far more coverage than they get.

    ReplyDelete